Twice Amount Debited For Single Transaction Made

Twice Amt Debited For Single Transaction Made
DEAR SIR/MADAM,

THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT I HAD PURCHASED MEDICINE FROM APOLLO PHARMACY BELGHORIA,KOLKATA-56 ON 21/11/2012 OF Rs 505/- USING SBI DEBIT CARD ENDING 8388.ON CHECKING SBI ONLINE A/C I SAW THAT MY SAVINGS A/C HAS BEEN DEBITED TWICE WITH THE SAME AMOUNT OF Rs 505/- VIDE MID NO 33370250033 ,TID 99312775 ,AUTH CODE 340551 ,PREF NUM 232617030422 ,BATCH 202 & INV 202.POS PRCH
POS 030422 000033370250033 KOLKAT WAS SHOWN AS TRANSACTION ID IN MY ONLINE A/C.THE TRANSACTION WAS DONE USING AXIS BANK TERMINAL.I RANG BACK THE APOLLO AT BELGHORIA AT 03325415850 NEXT DAY BUT THEY TOLD ME THAT THE AMOUNT WILL BE CREDITED TO MY A/C WITHIN 5-6 WORKING DAYS BACK TO MY SAVINGS A/C.TILL DATE THE AMOUNT OF Rs 505/- HAS NOT BEEN CREDITED TO MY A/C.NOW THEY ARE TELLING ME TO CONTACT AXIS BANK.I THEN CONTACTED AXIS BANK BUT THEY TOLD ME TO CONTACT SBI.I CONTACTED SBI CUSTOMERCARE VIA MY ONLINE SAVINGS A/C.THEY PROVIDED ME 2 EMAIL IDS & FOLLOWING NUMBERS
080-25608470 or 1800112211 1800112211 022-27560785, or e-mail at, atmsc@sbi.co.in, dgm.customer@sbi.co.in.I MAILED THE QUERY TO THEM 10 DAYS BACK BUT DIDN'T GET ANY REPLY NOR I WAS ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM VIA PHONE NUMBERS. EVEN THE SBI WEBSITE IS NOT REGISTERING MY COMPLAINT AS I HAVE TRIED THEIR 10 TIMES.PLEASE HELP ME.

THANKING YOU

SBI DEBIT CARD NO

SAVINGS A/C NO

BRANCH
BIRATI

MAITREI DEY

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Apollo pharmacy must have swiped your card twice and in 99% case they'd have got the amount. Go to them and ask them the list of transactions to verify yourself. SBI has nothing to do with this, don't call them. There won't be helpline in Axis Bank either for this problem.

First let me update it.

i had verified the settlement copy of apollo pharmacy for all transactions done on that date.my online sbi savings account shows same transaction id for same amt of Rs 505/- debited twice.the whole affair was done infront of my eyes & they havenot swiped the card twice.
Please clarify The Matter

Expert said:
Apollo pharmacy must have swiped your card twice and in 99% case they'd have got the amount. Go to them and ask them the list of transactions to verify yourself. SBI has nothing to do with this, don't call them. There won't be helpline in Axis Bank either for this problem.

First let me update it.

Attachments

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Can you please contact Axis Bank on the number with Apollo Pharmacy? Or you can talk to merchant services dept of Axis Bank : http://www.axisbank.com/business-banking/merchant-solutions/products-offered.aspx . You need to talk to department handling Merchant services for POS.

This is unusual.

I HAD ALREADY CONTACTED AXIS BANK TAKING CUST CARE NUMBER FROM APOLLO PHARMACY & THEY TOLD ME THAT AMT WILL BE CREDITED TO MY A/C WITHIN 10 WORKING DAYS.I WAITED TILL 10 DAYS & AGAIN CONTACTED CUST CARE OF AXIS BANK VIA EMAIL & I GOT THE REPLY FROM Customer Service SAYING AS FOLLOWS
"Dear Sir,

Warm Greetings from Axis Bank.

Request you to kindly take up the matter with the card issuing Bank.

Thanks and Regards,
Savings Team.
Central Liability Hub.
Mumbai."

THIS MEANS THAT THEY ARE ASKING ME TO CONTACT SBI

PLEASE SUGGEST ME WHAT TO DO FOR RECOVERING THE AMOUNT

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Bullshit ... SBI has no rôle to play in it. Just think Axis Bank server sends debit request to Visa and Visa simply sends it to SBI. SBI debits it. It is the mistake of Axis Bank server. Shame on Axis Bank.

As per consumer law you should put entire blame on Apollo Pharmacy. They've debited amount twice (using their machinery) and now they should refund it. If they use Axis Bank gateway, let them bear the fine for such mal-association. If Apollo Pharmacy's employee steals your debit card info then who is responsible for fraud - they only.

If you decide to go to consumer court, then Apollo Pharmacy is responsible for this and they will need to refund the amount to you.

Don't waste your time. Send Apollo Pharmacy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors