I have applied for Passport in Jan 2011 at Lucknow RPO. I got my
Passport(No. J4940447) in March 2011 through tatkal scheme(File
No. LKOA01437611) from Lucknow RPO.
In Dec 2011 I got a notice that I have to surrender my passport as I got
adverse police report. I do not why I got adverse report as I submitted
all the documents and the police officer was satisfied. I submitted my
passport at Lucknow passport office in Dec 2011 and police inquiry
happened for address verification in Jan 2012. I submitted all the
required documents.But still I have not received my passport back.
Please look at this matter. Please guide me what can I do now.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
RE: Passport not recieved

What is the truth? Do you have any police complaints against you ? Or even in Court?

expert

Administrator
Staff member

Police report comes later in case of Tatkal passport. This happens when you're not available in Police verification. Let me check with one passport expert and give you right reply.

expert

Administrator
Staff member

Can you please upload the letter received from Passport office? I'm arranging you advise from Passport expert.

kabe

Expert said:
Police report comes later in case of Tatkal passport. This happens when you're not available in Police verification. Let me check with one passport expert and give you right reply.
I will upload letter soon. In the letter it is mentioned that I could not be found at the given address but this is not true. I have undergone three times address verification. Each time I have shown documents to officer who came to check and they told me everything is ok

Sir,

Tatkal passport is issued by passport office urgently to the applicant for his convenience without police inquiry. But at the same time the copy of documents submitted by the applicant are sent to the respective police station (area in which the applicant resides) through the commissioner of police.

It is the duty of the applicant to approach the nearest police station and verify whether his passport documents had reached the office. The applicant should meet the police officer (in charge of passport wing) and show him all the original documents. Until such time the passport clearance is pending with the police department.

Regarding the address proof of the applicant the following documents are important.

1. Family Card (Ration card)
2. Driving license
3. Bank Account

Any two of the above three should be the the same (exactly the same).

There should not be any case pending against the applicant in court.
There should not be any complaint against the applicant in the police station.

Rajgopalan

expert

Administrator
Staff member
You need to submit this letter along with copies of document. Also Police has mentioned that no verification check was done.
So the Police verification check will need to be done again. There is no use of telling them that your verification was done as you have no proof of it and police has denied it. Try paying Rs. 5000 next time Police comes.

The Passport Officer
Lucknow

Sub : Grant Of Passport Facilities

Dear Sir,

kindly refer to your letter no-LKOA1437611/614/11 dated 21 Sep 2011

it is submitted that I am residing at address given in the passport application.

As per my all documents however I am enclosing P P form in duplicate duly

completed with photograph along with all connected documents for issue police re-verification at the earliest.

Thanking You
Your Faithfully

hello brother .
I got my tatkal passport on 15th april 2013. I am also in same problem. Now, I am out of India and i got a letter from passport office that i was not available on police verification. I was not aware of this rule, Now what could be the possible problem regarding my passport.

rakeshpateliitb said:
hello brother .
I got my tatkal passport on 15th april 2013. I am also in same problem. Now, I am out of India and i got a letter from passport office that i was not available on police verification. I was not aware of this rule, Now what could be the possible problem regarding my passport.

If you didn't reply back within 15 days, they will impound your passport so that the next time you come back to India, in airport itslf they'l seize ur passport and send it to passport office. So what nw u need to do is,

1. Come to ur native town
2. Go to passport office and surrender the passport.
3. Apply for re-verification on the same day itself
4. Keep on checking with the local police station you mentioned in the re-verification form
5. Appear to the police and put your signature

U'll get back ur passport within 30 days

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors