Tata Photon stopped working due to upgrade in network

I am a resident of Jaipur. I have bought a tata photon number : 9214005342 in September against an Advance rental plan with device bundled as free.

The plan was to pay Rs 5000.00 for 6 month unlimited internet (6 GB at high speed then at low speed). It started from 21st September 2013 and end date for this is 21st March 2014.

It was promised at 3.1 mbps download speed.

It worked fine till 25th of november 2013 but after that it stopped working. On inquiring on there toll free number i got to know that the upgrade in tata photon network is going in Jaipur and the rpoblem will be resolved by 27th November.

Now till 17th Jan the problem has not been resolved. I have been communicated many dates such as 1st dec, 5th dec, 15th dec, 25 th dec, 12 Jan etc. but till now problem has not been resolved.

Most of the time (around 70%) Internet does not work and if it works, it works at less than 100 kbps which is 1000 times lesser then the promised speed.

I am still getting the same answer that in Jaipur network upgrade problem is coming.

When i demanded my money back, Customer care mentioned it is not possible.

I have dropped several mails to there nodal officer and listen@tatadocomo.com but no action has been taken.

Please assist me in this case. I demand for my money back and also the compensation for the work i lost because of there non-connectivity and mental harassment.

I am a software professional and need internet for many things. Also my wife works on web design things and she needs internet for uploading website every now and then. Her work is also impacted.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
RE: tata photon

Nodal officer hasn't responded may be because you've not followed this telecom complaints proper procedure

Tata is trustful company and they should give you refund.

Secondly pl. visit people nearby who many be using Tata Photon. Or find their resellers/shop and see if they can access their Photon Plus.

Please find out this first. You can even call them for demo in your house on the pretext of buying Photon+.

Now a days 3G gives much better speed that Photon+.

I myself a web developer, would like you to go for landline broadband connections(BSNL,Airtel etc) first which are quite reliable.

You can also try companies like railwire.com who are able to give internet @50% discounted rates.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors