Swathya Bima not debited to my account despite having sufficient balance

The Branch Manager,
Bank Of India,
Anand Mahal Road Branch,
Surat.

Dear Sir, 11 February 2013

Ref: S/B A/C NO: 270 640 11 000 2322

I regret to inform you that I had deposited a cheque No: 132459 dated 30/01/2013 FOR Rs.931/- which was debited to my account No: 270 640 11 000 2322 being the premium for Swathya Bima . On Saturday, I had received a Registered A.D. letter form National Insurance stating that the said cheque was returned as the cheque ( No 272809 Dt: 31/01/2013) had Rubber stamp Micre on Cheque.
I fail to understand the following:
1. Despite, we have given the authority to your bank to debit the premium amount when it is due, and although, we had a credit balance of Rs.2,007/- from 16th January 2013 which was sufficient amount for auto debit, why the same was not debited in time.
2. The above lapse would result into break in the medi claim policy. The branch has auto debited premium without fail in time. Now, who will be responsible for such discontinuance or break in policy renewal? Please see that our policy is validated without break and we get all the benefits.
3. How a banker can issue Non-micre pay order?
4. National Insurance has further advised to remit Rs. 100/- towards the bank charges, for no fault of your customer.

Please change the address to which is wrongly written to : A/1 204, SHUBHAM PARK Apt, Opp: Parshuram Garden, Adajan. Also, I am not a retired person but I am a working person, which also, please rectify and confirm.

Please look into the matter and do the needful. Please also revert back to us with your action taken; otherwise, we will be forced to approach your higher authorities.

Regards,

Dhananjay Shah
(93274 77629)

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Aas that a CTS cheque? Secondly you should not use cheques for medical policy premiums if less time is there since it could break your medical policy if cheque is returned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors