Reliance Health Insurance - Never buy from them

In 2008 I wanted to buy a family mediclaim policy for me and my family when I was in Noida. I went over many mediclaim policies and finally zeroed in down to Reliance because:

1) It offered me least premium of Rs. 5000(approx) for 2 years for two adults and a child.
2) It offered premium payment of 2 years

The second point was especially luring since no other insurance company provides 2 year premium at once since they get a lottery if by mistake the consumer forgets to renew it and if the policy is old then he/she most likely have some new diseases/ailments added.

I emailed reliance and one Reliance mediclaim manage finally came to my house. This one rascal's name is Ankit Dayal ( ankit.dayal@relianceada.com).
He gave me a form to fill. My wife had some preexisting illness so I wanted to mention it but this manager told me that any this policy would cover all illness after 3 year of policy continuation and I did not need to mention it. This is a very common bait but a bait being played by one Reliance employee itself shows how company has conditioned it's own employees to cheat naïve Indian public. After he left I even sent an email to him next day for addition of preexisting disease of my wife. But he never replied.

So finally after two after policy renewal came up. I did not claim anything in the two year period. I was shocked the premium was Rs. 7200 for a year! So 2 year was a bait to catch customers like me. Surprisingly this threefold increase even defeated the best in Mediclaim like Bajaj Allianz and ICICI Lombard! I checked the prices at that time.

I also came to know that if we don't declare pre-existing diseases then company can simply close the policy whenever it wants and will not settle the claims. Already the Reliance manager had cheated me about this information.
So I went to nearby Reliance Health Insurance office and asked them to add my wife's pre-existing disease(hypo thyroid) which is a common disease in women and not serious one. The manager told me that he'd need to contact the underwriter at Mumbai. So he contacted and told me that they would not add my wife's preexisting disease at any cost.

So how Reliance duped me! I did not renew the policy and will never go with especially Reliance companies. Also all private companies are smart.
So instead I switched to United Insurance. At least they don't cheat.

AG
Policy details: 282510307951 plan silver sum insured: 2 lacs
date of policy: 18-8-2008.

I appreciated your post. Some times these types of problems are occurred but don't be shy talk to the senior person in the company. He will suggest you how to buy a medical policy an all. Thanks for this post these also contains some hidden meanings.

---------------------------------------------------

Freight quote

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors