Police has submitted Adverse report for your Current Address

Police demanded Bribes worth Rs.5000/-

This is with reference to my police verification for my passport file number CA2067386880113.

On 30th December 2013, a police man Mr. Subhas from Khardah police station, Kolkata, West Bengal special branch called me for my passport police verification and asked me to bring all my supportive documents. On 31st December, I reached the police station with all my documents. They asked me for my Birth certificate, on which I have told them that, I don't have it with me and as per the passport policy I don't require the same since my birth date is 07th August 1987.

They said it's mandatory for them to verify it or else they can't process my file. They again asked me for my educational certificates, after viewing them they said you have completed your schooling from Patna then you have done your graduation from Distance learning, so you are not resident of Kolkata. I said, I have completed my schooling from Patna and came to Kolkata for my higher studies and then completed my graduation from NIIT, Camac Street, Kolkata and now I am here from past 7 years and started my career in a BPO sector.

Then they analyzed my documents and told me that they can process my file if I can pay them some money else they will reject my file.

I asked them that how much do I need to pay? They demanded Rs.5000/- and said until the submission of the amount they will not process my file. I came back to discuss the same with my family and got the phone number of Mr. Tapan Dey a policeman who is from the same special branch.

I contacted him and he again asked me to come to his office in the evening. I reached there and on further discussion with him he said, I will send your file to the next level for checking if the documents are fine enough for processing and asked me to contact him after couple of days. I contacted him on 3rd Jan 2014 on which he said he didn't heard anything from the higher officers and asked me to again contact him on Monday 6th Jan 2014. I called him up again on 6th Jan 2014 and he said my documents are fine for processing and he had processed the same.

I have requested him to help me with the IP number, on which he said he need to search and would be able to provide after few days and said that I do not need to worry as my file has been processed successfully.

However, I got an SMS from Passport seva kendra on 17th Jan 2014 that my police verification is still pending with my respective police station. On checking with Mr. Tapan, he said that my file has been sent much earlier and asked me to come down to the police station for the IP number which I demanded again on the call. In the evening, I reached police station and Mr. Subhas had opened the register and gave me the DR No:- 3386 and IP No:- 23161 and I have noticed that my file was sent on 16th Jan 2014 from there end. I asked Mr. Subhas that if everything was alright from his end on processing the file, on which he reacted with anger and said I am not liable to tell you that, whatever, I have to write, I have written in the file and you need to now follow up with the passport officials.

I have now received an SMS today stating that Police has submitted Adverse report for your Current Address, on further checking the status on the portal it states - Police Verification Report is not clear and application is under review at Regional Passport Office.

This is how I am getting harassed by the police officials. If my documents are not sufficient enough then how did it was processed in passport office during my application?

The documents which I have submitted during the passport application are:-

Class 10th Admit Card (CBSE) - Date of birth confirmation
PAN Card - Confirmation of Indian Citizen
Bank passbook with last 1 and half years old transaction details as Address proof
Graduation Certificate - Highest qualification

I don't know if you can help me in this regards or not but this is not at all acceptable and I just wanted to flag this so that none of the other person needs to face the similar kind of issue.

Does giving the money will decide that I am an Indian Citizen and not came from other country? Then what is the difference between me and a terrorist?

I have also emailed Vigilance Cell on there email address mention on the passport portal but have not received any response from there end

i) Shri Hemant Kumar Srivastava,

Deputy Passport Officer (PV-Vigilance)
CPV Division
Ministry of External Affairs
Room No. 5,Patiala House, Tilak Marg
New Delhi - 110001
Tel No. 23387281
Fax: 23387281
Email: sovigpv@mea.gov.in

ii) Shri Arun Kumar Chatterjee,

Joint Secretary (CNV) and CVO,
Ministry of External Affairs,
Room No. 163, South Block,
New Delhi - 110011
Tel. No.: + 91 11 23011357
Fax No.: +91 11 23792285
Email: jscnv@mea.gov.in

CENTRAL VIGILANCE COMMISSION

Satarkata Bhavan,
A-Block, GPO Complex, INA,
New Delhi - 110023.
EPABX :- 011- 24600200
FAX : 011- 24651010/24651186
Email : cenvigil@nic.in

If they can't help, they should delete this page from the website

adi

Any update on what happened with you later on?:-/ I am going through same situation.:( Any help will be highly appreciated.

I too have the same situation. I had actaully given two addresses for my stay in last year. In case of the old address, the police officer did not accept my corporation bank pass book as a valid address proof. Once iargued, he asked me to submit copy LPG connection book which i did. Now now that officer is not telling me why I am getting the SMS that "Police has submitted Adverse report for your Current Address".
Don't know if it is for the fact that I did not pay any money.

Please share the way out if found any.

Regards,
Surajit,
Kolkata

adi said:
Any update on what happened with you later on?:-/ I am going through same situation.:( Any help will be highly appreciated.

I checked the online passport status tracker. it now shows that the passport office is now sending a Show cause Notice to me. let's see.
Regards,
Suajit
Kolkata

Hi guys,

I too have received a show cause notice from the Kolkata RPO asking me to make a fresh application with correct details, the letter does not mention what details are incorrect. Moreover, the letter asks for explanation as to why incorrect details were provided and why action should not be taken against me under 2 provisions of passport act. These guys are acting like well informed and well armed goons who are just out to harass people like us.

The letter had 3 phone numbers, one of which is an invalid number. Luckily the toll free number works but the person speaking to me politely asked me to visit the RPO for any clarifications.

I will keep this group updated further.

regards,
sampat

cant decide where to start...to put a long story short....i waited for close to 4 hrs for a 2 mins conversation with the passport office(after having paid 300 to get a slip which saved me atleast 3 hrs). It seems the police station at my permanent address have sent a adverse verification report(i did not pay any money there). the PS at salt lake have provided a positive report. The agent who helped me, wrote a letter for me requesting for re-verification. Now, the application will only go to my native for re-verification, probably I will have to personally go there(last time I did not go since the police officer said its not required). just to put things in perspective, the police officer at salt lake asked me for my birth certificate but later agreed to send a positive report if I paid the bribe. so, atleast the officer was honest enough to keep his word ;-)

Hi Guys,

Even I am facing the same issue. Police guys came to my house for verification but as I was not personally available. they had given an adverse report and today I have received the message. I have to travel in September first week. What action should I take to avoid any problems/hiccups during my travel..

Hi Guys,

My situation is that no Police officials ever came to my home for verification. And after 3 weeks of passport application I contacted my Local Police, they said that they have already submitted the Police report to SP Office.

Pls guys tell me what to do further?

i have all the document ready and correct. but there is a mistake only one in surname of my father (pantamaneni instead pandamaneni). so he rejected and submitted adverse report. just because I didn't bribe him

Hallo friends

today, i also received a msg that i have adverse police report. Your IPP file is dispatched today. Please contact DIO SI Mr.X. My permanent address is 24 Parganas (South), Kolkata. I stay in other city. What should I do now.

Please help.

sampat said:
cant decide where to start...to put a long story short....i waited for close to 4 hrs for a 2 mins conversation with the passport office(after having paid 300 to get a slip which saved me at least 3 hrs). It seems the police station at my permanent address have sent a adverse verification report(i did not pay any money there). the PS at salt lake have provided a positive report. The agent who helped me, wrote a letter for me requesting for re-verification. Now, the application will only go to my native for re-verification, probably I will have to personally go there(last time I did not go since the police officer said its not required). just to put things in perspective, the police officer at salt lake asked me for my birth certificate but later agreed to send a positive report if I paid the bribe. so, at least the officer was honest enough to keep his word ;-)
Sir i am staying in an hostel in my college . when submitting my passport details i mentioned my home address as both present address and permanent address. I am the 1st person in family to apply passport hence i do not know these rules. when police verification came to my house my mother informed him that i was staying in hostel and so he said we will send to passport office regarding the mistake.He also added since i am a student and it was an unknown error there would be no fine levied on me. I applied on 7 th December and police verification was on 16 th December.

what should i do?please help me out..My passport status is police verification pending.And one more problem since i am a final year student i got my intern in Bangalore on jan3 so i will be vacating my hostel on DEC 30..I haven't booked any PG'S there once i reach there only i should look for it..... What should i do sir... i am in need of immediate passport...urgent...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors