Pathetic after sales service from LG

I had purchased LG LCD TV during Oct' 2009 (Model No. LG LCD 32LG80FR), recently my TV stopped working. Initially we thought that the problem may be of cable service but cable TV person when checked it was ok from his side. afterwords we contacted LG service Centre through Toll free Number, their representative though visited but the reply given by him is surprising, he told us "Motherboard of your TV has gone bad and the same is not possible to be repaired as your TV is more than 5 years old and company had stopped manufacturing this model and spare parts of it".
I do not know how company can stop manufacturing the spare parts. What about the after sales service given by the company? They are suppose provide the spare parts till the last piece is available.
Also the representative told us that you need to give the TV under buy back offer and purchase a new TV for which they will pay me back about 3 to 4 thousand rupees.
This is just ridiculous, as my TV during last 5 years did not give any trouble and it still looks like a new piece. Can anybody help me in this regards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors