Passport - Delay for 8 months

Hello, I am working here in Muscat, Oman and want to get my parents here for the same my mother applied for passport in Sep 2014 Bengaluru and application was received ackowledgement was given to my mother on 09/09/2014. Police verification happended in Oct 2014. Since then there is no update on passport status. My parents have visited passport centre to know what is going on and everytime they make them roam around from this table to another and finally confirms no issues passport will be dispatched. Till date only status i see online is below - File Number BN1067929315914 Date of Birth 05/06/1967 Given Name LAKSHMI DEVI Surname SANGATI Type of Application Normal Application Received on Date 09/09/2014 Status Passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office Passport office number they provided in website tried calling so many times but no one answers. My parents are old and they cannot travel 300Km everytime, wehave no one in bengaluru to stay there and keep following up and even they did inspite no action taken from passport office peoples. We are not updated on any thing for the reason why passport getting delayed. I came across this forum to put our complains but not sure how this works to speed up the process. Can someone pls help here? Thanks, Arun +968-97424722

arunkumar.sangati said:
Hello, I am working here in Muscat, Oman and want to get my parents here for the same my mother applied for passport in Sep 2014 Bengaluru and application was received ackowledgement was given to my mother on 09/09/2014. Police verification happended in Oct 2014. Since then there is no update on passport status. My parents have visited passport centre to know what is going on and everytime they make them roam around from this table to another and finally confirms no issues passport will be dispatched. Till date only status i see online is below - File Number BN1067929315914 Date of Birth 05/06/1967 Given Name LAKSHMI DEVI Surname SANGATI Type of Application Normal Application Received on Date 09/09/2014 Status Passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office Passport office number they provided in website tried calling so many times but no one answers. My parents are old and they cannot travel 300Km everytime, wehave no one in bengaluru to stay there and keep following up and even they did inspite no action taken from passport office peoples. We are not updated on any thing for the reason why passport getting delayed. I came across this forum to put our complains but not sure how this works to speed up the process. Can someone pls help here? Thanks, Arun +968-97424722

Hi , It seems that the police verification report has not been updated in the file and hence the status has not been changed. so contact the SP office and get the date on which they submitted police verification.In the current system they sent and SMS once the police report is submitted.Did ur parents received any SMS for the same.Please check.
From the SP office u will get to know the status of the police verification report.The status u mentioned means that the RPO is waiting for the information that he requires to give a go head for the issue of the passport. IN this case its the police verifiaction.

Once u know that the police verification has been submitted to RPO u can send some one to the RPO office , write an application to him and he will check and update the status in 1-2 days .I have done the same in this week only. Hope it will help u out.

Hi all process has been complete at RPO bangalore office and they confirmed last visit by my parents passport will be dispatched in 1 week. .. now again they are delaying same reason as it started 8 months back... I don't know what to say but will go with RTI n see...

thanks for your advice

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors