PF when x-company goes untraceable

Neha

I am a former employee of Company "A" in bangalore (company name is not disclosed) and my PF account is in chennai. Working with company A I opened my salary account with ABN AMRO Bank (which is now RBS). My Pf amount was supposed to be processed within 2-3 months after the day of leaving job. I had left job in April 2010 and opted to withdraw PF. It's been more than a one and half year i haven't received(Now it's 2012).

I had applied for PF withdrawal when I left the previous company. I am yet to recover my Provident fund amount for my previous employer and that company has been closed now with it owners being untraceable. It got closed on Nov or Dec of 2010. I always check EPFO site, sent feedback 'n' times and registered grievance in EPFiGMS either of them didn't help me.The site EPFO always shows the same message when i enter in with valid Pf details i.e., "It's been processing"..

I have been waiting for a long time, Can someone help or guide me or tell me how can i approach to this problem. how can i get the amount as I'm in need of it or is there any procedure to follow? :s

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Did you fill the withdrawal form with your last company ? Did that company ever submitted it in the EPFO office?

Easiest thing will get get hold of any EPFO agent ( who has already done works of others) and he'll charge some 5-10% commission and then it'll be done automatically. EPFO people fully take bribe and without bribe you've to run helter-skelter to get it. Your money is definitely with EPFO and you'll also get 8% interest on it.
You can also request to transfer it to your current EPFO as it'll be cheaper in terms of effort and amount of bribe paid.

Neha

Thanks for the reply and useful information :cool:

I did fill the withdrawal form and followed that on site. Assuming it has reached the EPFO office because EPFO Site is displaying as "Still processing" from 2010 uptil now and message is still the same.

I'm in Bangalore..How to catch hold of EPFO agent in Chennai, can you provide me any such contact if you have one?. I inquired about Transfer in my current office and it could at least take 9 more months because current PF office is in Bangalore and it's difficult for me to wait so long.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Just take the help of your HR. Ultimately they pay to "agents" for any PF requests.
I'm confused about you worked in B'lore but PF account in Chennai. Do B'lore and Chennai have same PF commissioner?

Neha

:) My previous company main branch was in Chennai they had a office in Bangalore also, So the pf account was Chennai. I already tried with HR, i will try other alternatives. Thanks for your patience and reply

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors