Open letter

Dear SBI,

Thanks for providing the most pathetic experience i have ever had with a bank. i am from the banking sector and how most of your staff behaved is ludicrous(well most of them..)
let me give you a gist of how it all panned out.

1st interaction:

sales call - blind telemarketing call even though i am registered with NDNC(at least i thought i was) , but mistakes happen no big deal. i specifically mentioned that i would need a card only to do a balance transfer and i explained that i had about 80K to transfer, as you may guessed i was told that wouldn't be a problem ---so far so smooth.

i get my card and am happy but boo-hoo my CL is only 25k

2nd interaction:
customer service - i moan that my credit limit is low and this how u rep makes me feel " you must be crazy to ask for something like that wait for 6 months and if your good only if your good maybe we will consider , maybe!! "

fair enough , i get ahead of myself sometimes. i forget the whole idea about a balance transfer and use it for normal purchases ( booze mostly - everyone's got a weakness)

anyway

oh wait my payment's due on the 1st and i get paid on the 29th , two days for a billpayment .

3rd interaction

customer service .hey i need to change my due date..not possible sir ..but its so close to my pay day please ...sorry no , anything else.. fine i'll deal with it.

anyway later i callback because i have gone over the measly 25k credit line..boy do i complain a lot..

4th interaction (actually got something done this time)

customer service - hey i got a Over credit limit fee please do something about it .. girl laughs agrees but says it can't be reversed again . sounds fair . i plead to see if my due date can be changed , refused . i say hell with this m gonna close it down anyway , she advises me making a complain by mail .this is the first time i felt like someone in sbi actually cares . that's why i continued to use it

this birdy told me that sbi gives you the best interest rates better than my home bank at least.

i am 26 car , home and marriage would been on the cards and guess which bank i am never going too .

so i lose my card and i block it but the crazy fun person that i am, i had booked a ticket from bookmyshow and they usually need to see your credit card so they tell me i can get a letter from my bank saying that this credit card belongs to me. i have done this before with my home bank hey i lose my cards a lot ( read - booze).

so i walk into a branch this Saturday morning in kandivali west . they open the doors and everyone's in . well thats how i thought it works doors open customers walk in .

suddenly this guy starts yelling why we can't be patient, its still 08:59 for crying out loud. whats wrong with you people why do you all have to rush in .

can you imagine how insulting that feels, the awkwardness, the embarrassment. it will crush your morning spirit .

anyway moving on , there was this brilliant lady though very friendly(she's like a customer service lady who directs people where to go )

she told me that for all credit card issues i need to wait for someone who hasn't arrived. i offer to wait but she said i was better off coming after 30-45 mins.
fair enough , people are late sometimes not the end of the world.

i explain the issue to her , she was very friendly but thoroughly under confident and incompetent.

she gave me number for a senior person at a mahim branch who said that no such letter could be issued and that i should just show bookmyshow my statement . he also wanted to know where this show was happening which i feel was unprofessional and personal but alright. i'll solve the issue a different way. thanks for nothing SBI.

after all this i say i still got pretty decent service compared to how other customers were being treated.

what i saw on your branch today is that you don't need customers the customers needs you. i was surrounded by people who were pleading their case to employees who didn't care .

the employees were late had a bad attitude and didn't even ask people to sit down on a empty chair . now these people may not have a lot of money or be really educated but that doesn't mean your staff acts superior to them.

i thought the banking aristocracy died . forget being nice to people who keep you in business , all i am talking about is basic human courtesy to everyone no matter who you are, where your from or how much money is in your bank account.

Regards,
EM

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors