No refund after Train cancellation

I have booked a confirmed train ticket from BCT to NDLS, Journey date: 29-05-2015. However, due to Gujjar Agitation, the train got cancelled on the same day.

My PNR is: 8735916851
Transaction ID: 100000238948941
Train No./Name: 22913 / NDLS PREMIUM SPL
To: NEW DELHI (NDLS)
Ticket Type: E-ticket
Quota: GENERAL (GN)
Ticket Charge: Rs 2520.0
Service Charge: Rs 44.94
Total: Rs 2564.94

Since I was travelling from Pune to Mumbai and then to New Delhi, I was not able to access internet to cancel the ticket for the refund. Due to this, I have not received refund for my ticket, which should be done automatically by IRCTC. I am unable to file TDR for this, due to error stating "Cancellation is Not Allowed as ticket is beyond permissible limit of cancellation".

Now, IRCTC is not replying properly to my emails for the refund of Rs. 2520.0, which is not a small amount for a middle-class common man. They should be clear on the cancellation rules.

If the waitlisted tickets get refunded automatically, why do the end user go through the hassles to cancel the tickets manually for the trains cancelled by Indian Railways ?

Please refund the amount as per the norms as soon as possible and provide clarity on the cancellation rules for such scenarios.

NOTE:
I have attached a screenshot of the email conversation taken place with the IRCTC Representative.
In a country of billion people, I am being duped of Rs 2500 not being refunded by IRCTC, imagine the number of people being duped on an average of Rs 500-1000 on daily basis with cases similar to mine.
I will have to write to multiple forums to get people in limelight about this grave issue.

Attachments

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors