My Horrible Experience with Fazlani Altius Business School

After my engineering, I decided to go for higher studies and pursue MBA. One day, I got a call from this college called Fazlani Altius Business School which claimed to offer Pre-placement, i.e, placement/job before admission. This was a new & innovative concept. It appealed to me but I was sceptical about the authenticity of the certificate. So i enquired them about the authenticity of the course & the certification to which the head of the talent acquisition of the institute assured me that the institute is accredited with the HRD department of India and affiliated to an UGC approved university. I was doubtful about whether the course is in distance mode or regular, to which they assured me that they offer the MBA program in REGULAR mode.

I appeared a campus interview arranged by them and got selected in a Mumbai based company with a package of 5 Lakhs. I was happy and excited. But a month passed yet I did not receive the letter of intent from the company.

Then, the counsellor said, the company is taking some time to issue the letter of intent but they will definitely give it. Meanwhile, we can arrange another interview for you so that you can have an additional offer with you. I appeared another interview of a Kolkata based IT services company and got selected this time as well.I was told that the company is offering a package of 3 LPA but when I received the letter of intent, it was 2.4 LPA. But they assured that I will be getting the letter of intent from the first company anyways which has a higher package.
I trusted them and took the admission. But the letter of intent from the first company never came.

Still then, I continued with the course, as I was confident about my skills & calibre. I knew I can crack a job on my own once I have a genuine degree with me. So, I was more concerned about the value of the degree and certificate. They always assured me that I am going to get a REGULAR MBA course certificate along with a PGPM certificate from their institution. But few months later, I came to know that they are giving the MBA certificate from an open university, in distance mode. Now, one day, all of a sudden, they said they are now changing the university from MGU to KSOU. Since I had already paid half of the total course fee, I had no other option than to continue with the course.

I appeared 2 semesters of KSOU and the institute's management decided to change the university again. They said, "you will get the grade sheet of 1st year from KSOU and that of the 2nd year from the new university."

This time, they suggested a new university; Global Open University, Nagaland which was already in news in the past of being a fake university. Even if we ignore those news, the course fee of their MBA program is around 25 thousand or even less than that.

This was insane. It didn't made any sense at all. There was no point paying 4 Lakhs for this useless degree. But by this time, I had already paid more than 65% of the total course fee. My family was going through a severe financial crisis, but still they managed to arrange the fees with great difficulty, just for the sake of my career.

I was broke. I was devastated. They had already ruined my career. Finally I decided to quit. I didn't saw any reason of paying another 1.5 Lakh for such useless degree. Since I had already paid a big amount to them, I asked them if they can refund the fees I had paid or give me a course completion certificate of any other short term course they offer in exchange of the amount I had already paid. But they denied. They said, once you have paid the fees, it is forfeited and cannot be refunded. Moreover, they also denied to give me the mark sheets of the university examinations and the PGPM examination I had appeared, which I am entitled to get, having paid more than half of the fees.

I was exploited and cheated by the institute. Taking admission into this college was the biggest mistake of my life.

When I raised voice against the injustice done to me, I was threatened by the management not to take any action as they are a big group company and can ruin my career & life if I go against them.

For students who are planning to take admission into this college, I request you to re-consider and examine again. One small decision can ruin your career. This institute is a big scam!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors