MNP from TataDocomo to Vodafone denied

Hi,

My current number 8149711670 is of DOCOMO number.
I want to do MNP from Docomo to Vodafone. i have opt for this, got MNP code and apply for the same. I got call from Docomo and i told them that i can not continue with you,they accept my request at that time, but when my no. didn't port then i called to Docomo then they told me that after 2 days it will port.
but after 2 days also it didnt port then again i called to Docomo then they told me that your request has been denied because you have accepted to continue with us, but i didn't. if it would be then then why they told me that your no. will port in 2 days.

Thanks & Regards
Murari Jangir

expert

Administrator
Staff member
I guess because the operator would have made mistake in entering correct details in the software or due to server down, software bugs etc. In large companies this can happen.

Pl. send MNP sms once more.

On 13 Feb 2103 11:26 AM i sent the message and on 13 Feb 2013 in evening i have applied form at Vodafone store.[hr]
Now again they retained my request.I have done complain against retention, then they called me on 24 eb and told that your port will be done but now today again they are saying that you were satisfied with on call so your request is retained.

I got fed up with this plz. help me .

expert

Administrator
Staff member
In this situation you should talk to the Nodal officer of your zone. If you're not able to get a proper response then send them a simple legal notice before filing in local consumer court. I can help you in that. That'll definitely solve your problem for now.

I am facing similar problems as I am porting from Tata Docomo to Airtel. After applying to port my number today, I have received the retention call from tata docomo today itself. But when I pick up that call, there is no response from the other end. After 10-15 seconds, the call gets automatically disconnected. Later when I call the customer care helpline of tata docomo, they say that the number will be ported by 12 April. When I argue that the actual time required to port is 7 days, the woman who is responding to me says that she is just telling me what she is seeing on her screen. After repeatedly confirming from her about the portability period (she refuses to acknowledge that the period is 7 days), I reluctantly agreed to 12 March. Then, again I got a retention call & again there was no response from the other end. Now when I call the docomo helpline, they simply won't allow me to talk to their executive & just disconnect the call. :mad::mad::mad:

Today, I got a call from Tata Docomo, asking about the reason for me porting. I told them that I wanted 3G access (which they don't provide in the Mumbai circle). They accepted that reason & assured me that I would be ported out on or before 12th April. So now, its just a waiting game for me. Watch this space for further developments.

So, I received another call from Tata Docomo, asking me the reason for my switch to Airtel (they told me that it was NOT a retention call). I told them that I want to use 3G internet. They said that they are in the process of providing 3G internet in Mumbai circle & requested me to stay with Tata Docomo. After I refused their offer, they accepted my request. Then later, I got another call from Docomo and again there was no response from other end (just like the calls received earlier). I was very much frustrated & was in the process of writing another e-mail, when I received another call. This time there was a response & they wanted to know the reason of me switching to Airtel. I told them the same thing & they accepted. So now, I hope that I will be ported out soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors