Letter from Regional Passport Office (Adverse Police verification report)

My wife had applied for Passport (Tatkal) in Chennai Passport Office in May Month and got the passport within few days. We have applied for US Visa (L1A) and now we are in US New York from June 21. Two weeks backs (in our hometown vellore), we have received the letter from RPO (sub: Clarifications required regarding Issuance of passport facilities to Rekha Rajesh (my wife)). I have attached the letter received from RPO.

Currently We are staying in US (New York). Please let us know how to proceed this.

Your Sincerely
Rajesh

Attachments

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for late reply. There are two things that could have happened - either the person wasn't there when police arrived or incorrect address was given.
You only the exact reason. Accordingly you'll need to reply with proper justification.

my friend Shazil has also received the ditto letter from Ranchi passport office. He belongs to a village in Shahjahanpur,U.P.....but has always studied in Shahjahanpur city at his relatives' place......now he studies at Indian Cool of Mines, Dhanbad, Jharkhand......... he applied from Ranchi for normal passport.....& gave his Shahjahanpur city address as his permanent address,,,,,but he did not have any address proof of city address but a letter came to his city address from Waqf board addressed to his father..........he produced the same in the CID inquiry & the officer accepted it. he received his passport & after it, he has received the same letter as above. they did not ask for any permanent address proof during appointment at PSK, Ranchi.
my questions are:
1) how can there be any adverse police verification report after the passport has been issued? & if so, then what is the use of such verification?
2) what are the penalty provisions in such cases?
3) what can be the possible way out?

kindly enlighten me!!!!!
thank you

smartyrajesh007 said:
My wife had applied for Passport (Tatkal) in Chennai Passport Office in May Month and got the passport within few days. We have applied for US Visa (L1A) and now we are in US New York from June 21. Two weeks backs (in our hometown vellore), we have received the letter from RPO (sub: Clarifications required regarding Issuance of passport facilities to Rekha Rajesh (my wife)). I have attached the letter received from RPO.

Currently We are staying in US (New York). Please let us know how to proceed this.

Your Sincerely
Rajesh

i also got the same letter iam residing in kerala but i studied in salem so i forgot to mention it in my aplication for passport
right now iam in saudi arabia what can i do??
how can i reply for this letter?

Hi Rajesh,
Could you please let us know how did you solved this. I mean did you replied to the Passport office or did you went to the police for sending re-verifocation or did you personally visit the passport office?

Regards,
Sonu

Hey Rajesh,

I am having the same issue. My wife got her passport on Jan 2012, and she got H4 visa and she is here since April 2012. After year now (Dec 2013) we got a letter "clarification required regarding issuance of passport facilities" from Regional passport office. Verification was completed at that time but we got this letter again. Don;t know how to respond, Can you please let me know how did you respond to this. That would be really helpful.

- Mano

mrangasamy said:
Hey Rajesh,

I am having the same issue. My wife got her passport on Jan 2012, and she got H4 visa and she is here since April 2012. After year now (Dec 2013) we got a letter "clarification required regarding issuance of passport facilities" from Regional passport office. Verification was completed at that time but we got this letter again. Don;t know how to respond, Can you please let me know how did you respond to this. That would be really helpful.

- Mano
Hi Mano / Rajesh,

I am facing the same issue. I applied Sep'13 and got my ppt in a week then I traveled US without completing PV as I was in a kind of urgent. Yesterday got the same kind of letter in my native address. Please if you get to know how to reply to them and get it resolved. Thanks in advance!

-Sherif

:huh:
sherif1980 said:
mrangasamy said:
Hey Rajesh,

- Mano
Hi Mano / Rajesh,

I am facing the same issue. I applied Sep'13 and got my ppt in a week then I traveled US without completing PV as I was in a kind of urgent. Yesterday got the same kind of letter in my native address. Please if you get to know how to reply to them and get it resolved. Thanks in advance!

-Sherif
Hi Sherif/Mano/rajesh

Guys ,same here ,couple of days a ago I happen to receive the same letter from RPO madurai , i have attached the copy of that letter ,i wanted to know the reason why particular adverse report is being sent from my native police station after issuing passport,as per the rule the passport will be issued after the PV (police verification )done but what is the case here,help me out please.thanks in advance.

-Bassam

Attachments

mohamed bassam said:
sherif1980 said:
mrangasamy said:
Hey Rajesh,

- Mano
Hi Mano / Rajesh,

-Sherif
Hi Sherif/Mano/rajesh

Guys ,same here ,couple of days a ago I happen to receive the same letter from RPO madurai , i have attached the copy of that letter ,i wanted to know the reason why particular adverse report is being sent from my native police station after issuing passport,as per the rule the passport will be issued after the PV (police verification )done but what is the case here,help me out please.thanks in advance.

-Bassam
Hi Guys,

I got some update, as I asked my friend to inquir in Regional PPT office and the feedback is -to submit the proper reason why the candidate is not available at the time of PV. So you can write a letter addressing Reg. PPT Officer along with the proper reason and send it to father/mother and they can submit it on behalf of yours.

Bassam- the PV can happen after receiving passport (post police verification) if you apply in tatkal.

-Sherif

Hi,

I have encountered this issue for my wife's passport. She has even undergone through proper police verification.

I am not sure why this issue has arrived.
Can somebody advise me how did you solve this problem.
This will really help.

Regards,
Uravesh

I have re-issuance of my passport and received within 7 days of application. there was Post Police Verification required which somehow i have missed and now the police says that they have submitted the file back to RPO. i got an SMS saying "Police submitted adverse report on your current address"

I might have to fly abroad in next couple of weeks. please advise if any issue? I mean will my passport be blocked while going out ?

Rgds

HI,

I am facing the same issue now. I have received a message stating Police verification is Adverse due to current address....I have to travel outside India in Sep month. Please let me know were you able to fly and what action you have taken after getting this message

I have received a very similar letter from the RPO mumbai for a family member.

However :
a) it is is not signed.
b) It is dated 25- July and was dispatched only on 15th Sept
c) Re-Issue of Passport was applied and issued in November 2012 ! and not under the tatkal scheme .

has anyone managed to get a resolution to the above problem ?

Also the person is not in India at the moment.

Regards
Busa

sherif1980 said:
mohamed bassam said:
sherif1980 said:
mrangasamy said:
Hey Rajesh,

- Mano
Hi Mano / Rajesh,

-Sherif
Hi Sherif/Mano/rajesh

-Bassam
Hi Guys,

I got some update, as I asked my friend to inquir in Regional PPT office and the feedback is -to submit the proper reason why the candidate is not available at the time of PV. So you can write a letter addressing Reg. PPT Officer along with the proper reason and send it to father/mother and they can submit it on behalf of yours.

Bassam- the PV can happen after receiving passport (post police verification) if you apply in tatkal.

-Sherif
Hi Sherif,

thanks for the update, I have exact same situation, Traveled to US after getting Passport and no PV.

They have sent me letter almost year and half.

Can you please provide more details about your response and any additional documents provided along with response.
Also what was the outcome, do we need to apply for new passport with fresh application?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hello sir,

Please find the attachment for letter which i received from regional passport office and suggest me what and all documents need to submit...

Thanks & Regards,
Bhanu Teja

I also got the same type of letter after a year or so. The problem with my application was that my permanent address verification was not done and it was showing "unavailable" at their server. All you need to do is to go the office from where the letter has come and they will solve the query.
I just wrote an application mentioning the reason for my absence at my permanent address and my problem got resolved.
If you have subscribed for the sms service then sms will also come to your mobile mentioning the file number of your letter.

Hi ,

I am having the same issue. I got my passport on Aug - 2012, Currently I am in US just came one month back. last week we got a letter "clarification required regarding issuance of passport facilities" from Regional passport office. Can you please let me know how to proceed for next step. That would be really helpful.

Thank you so much

kalyani said:
Hi ,

I am having the same issue. I got my passport on Aug - 2012, Currently I am in US just came one month back. last week we got a letter "clarification required regarding issuance of passport facilities" from Regional passport office. Can you please let me know how to proceed for next step. That would be really helpful.

Thank you so much
Hi Kalyani,
You can either email to them regarding your concern, but most probably they will tell you to meet the regional passport officer in your city. So, I recommend you to directly go to the regional passport seva kendra of your city and talk to the officer there. That's how I resolved my problem too.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you so much for your valuable reply. Will ask my parent to go to the regional passport seva kendra and talk to the officer as i am not there.

Thanks
kalyani

Hi,

Issued passport on 2018 in the month of March and after few weeks i received a post saying like
"Clarification required regarding the Issuance of Passport facilities".
Due to some reason, i couldn't go to Passport seva kendra from past 2 years for additioanl verification even after receiving the post from PO.
Could you plz help me what is the next step should i take and also my PV went fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors