Inferior Product & Support Offered by Dell Mobile Phones

I bought a Dell XCD28 mobile phone in April 2011 in Mumbai giving into much hyped launch in Nov 2010 by Dell India. This phone used to restart during conversations to which the company offered a replacement in the month of May 2011. The replaced handset however continued to give same problem and I had to return it for a second replacement in June 2011. To my horror, the company has stopped production of this particular handset model and today after 2 months of wait i still havent received a replacement from the company. My constant follow-ups with the service center has been in vain as they revert with a standard reply stating that there's no response from the technical division based out of Gurgaon.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for late reply. You should not follow up with the service center. Your point of contact is only the Dell India customer care numbers.
About your horror that this model is stopped, I want to advise you that you should buy only proven models which are around us for sometime. Check out reviews and feedback in Ebay.in or at other places. Once I purchased a super flop Rs. 16000 music system from Sony in 2001. That's lesson.

My advise is to ask for refund of your money from Dell India customer care numbers.
Try to talk to some senior person.
Just update your status, we'll see what we can do.

Thanks for the reply. A surprising coincidence is that when I called serrvice center today, they informed that the handset is ready for pick-up.

As for my efforts since purchase, I did contact Dell on their customer service nos. too. But the executives on call simply direct you to the service center saying they'll assess the handset and take a call. Service center guys on the other hand said that they do not have discretionary powers and asked me to get in touch with the call center instead. Infact, one of the executives dint even know that the handset has been discontinued. This sure was a lesson for me but at the same time very disappointing to know the striking difference in the level of service across their product range as I use a Dell laptop where their customer priority is top notch.

Thanks again for the quick reply. Felt good after penning down my frustration ;)

expert

Administrator
Staff member
:D:D:D. That's good.
But after warranty if it goes down, be mentally ready that it's parts may not be available since it has been discontinued.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors