Ignored by Customer Care

Hello

I am writing here after 3 months of anguish and irritation with Reliance's customer service. I rather not go into the details of how the customer service treats customers like idiots and closes the complaints without resolving them. I have been making the complaint that I've been getting only 0.8 Mbps speed on the 4 Mbps unlimited plan, and each time I'm given a complaint ID which gets closed automatically within 5 days. Over the course of 3 months (started at 26th October to January 7th today) I've made over 12 complaints (I've literally lost count) regarding the same. I urge you to look into my complaint history (Customer ID: 363589027396) to verify my claim. I've written to many email IDs of Reliance with no response from any of them. But this issue has become personal now. I'm not going to back off and take another connection that easily. If I do so, I will do my best to publicize Reliance's lack of concern for their customers. I am even willing to go to consumer court.

Upon extended research I found that this is a common problem for Reliance, and found that this is because, my "DEFAULT SPEED PROFILE" being set to 1024 rather than to 4096 (or higher). I've given Reliance my patience (who else waits 3 months for a complaint resolution?), my money and now I'm even telling them how to solve my problem. I know that its possible to fix it because there are other people in the same locality (Trivandrum) with a working version of this plan. In addition, my speed has become 4 Mbps 3 times after 3 of the complaints (out of the 15) but it always goes back to 1 Mbps the next day. This is very likely due to the aforementioned "DEFAULT SPEED PROFILE" being set to 1024. Kindly do something so that my 3 months of faith in them does not go down the drain. I can provide any further information required.

Regards
Balagopal S.K.
Scientist/Engineer 'SC'
VSSC.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Best think you should do is take your device to any Rcom center and have it checked there. It'll be better to take your laptop also. Such problems are mostly not handled by the service providers. Pl. don't single out Reliance for this.

Expert said:
Best think you should do is take your device to any Rcom center and have it checked there. It'll be better to take your laptop also. Such problems are mostly not handled by the service providers. Pl. don't single out Reliance for this.
My device? By that you mean modem? But Reliance people already came down to my place twice to look at the hardware and they established that its not a hardware issue. They even replaced the modem. But when I try telling this to higher authorities they note it down with all seriousness and then forget all about it. And also I personally know at least two other people with the same issue from Reliance, so its not like I'm out for a personal vendetta against Reliance. If they can fix my connection, I will shut up and mind my business, right? I hope they notice this and take some action, so its necessary for me to single out Reliance, as they are my service providers. I'm looking for a solution, not trying to cast blame.

Regards

Balagopal S.K.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors