I will never touch a Samsung Product,Mother of all Horrors

I am attaching a letter written to Samsung for a complaint they have been deliberately dragging on for 5 years. This has taken a lot of energy out of me, but I will be untrue to myself if I drop the injustice I have been getting. During these 5 years, if I am ever approached with a Samsung product at a showroom from Bangkok to New York, I make an attempt to kick the product in front of all the prospective Samsung buyers by saying Samsung products are only useful as Footballs!!
I appeal to all of you to join in for the way Samsung treats it's customers. Thanks

Dear Sirs,
Kindly refer to your above note.
Please regret the delay in responding as I was travelling overseas during the interim period and did not have all the facts of the case ready to respond immediately. Furthermore, Samsung has never given me a number to call back ( except the regular call center number which is useless) or a postal address to serve my communications.
Your above communication conveniently chooses to ignore the actual facts of the case and points to a predetermined mindset ignoring Samsung’s prior commitment to me, besides denying me any kind of service whatsoever. I will try below to highlight out some significant points of this case:
• The refrigerator was purchased from Samsung’s authorized dealer, M/s Pai Electronics from Udupi, Karnataka
• Shortly after purchase, the fridge stopped functioning. Your service representatives took the fridge in an attempt to repair it a few times and the purchase documents were also handed over to them at that time.
• The fridge was sent back to my place after service/repair. I believe the compressor was replaced. It stopped working in a short while. This was within the guarantee period.
When I complained again, your service representatives informed me the fridge could not be repaired and Samsung persuaded me to accept a free replacement. This was in the year 2011.
• When I asked for my replacement in 2011, Samsung requested a copy of the purchase invoice. I clearly explained to Samsung during the course of several telephone conversations to a few senior representatives that the invoice was handed over to the Samsung Service center. They informed me the fridge could only be replaced when the invoice was furnished.
• However as I was severely inconvenienced without a fridge, I did try my best to get details of the purchase/invoice from M/s Pai Electronics but they refused to co operate. I then provided the serial number to Samsung and requested them to seek out the back up documents from their own records. Furthermore, I pointed out that the serial number of the fridge should offer Samsung all the information they needed about the product and the transactions made on it. I would like to re iterate that I wasted no time and insisted on an immediate replacement. This can be verified from all the recorded conversations that Samsung had recorded.
• I used all logic and reason at my disposal to persuade Samsung to replace the fridge as per their commitment and end the matter. Samsung repeatedly insisted that they would replace the fridge as soon as they had the invoice.
• I would like to point out that each communication with Samsung would take a few hours each day as they were totally inefficient. I pleaded with them to provide me alternative numbers/addresses/names of representatives with whom I could communicate. They refused each time and the call center remained my only point of communication with Samsung. I believe I have called Samsung about a 100 times on this matter. Typically, each call lasts at least an hour, the call is transferred/escalated about 3 or 4 times, each time I have to REPEAT the history of the case. They promise to call back, sometimes they do call back, but if I don’t answer immediately, the complaint is dropped. Kindly appreciate that even if I call back the very next minute, I get an auto response and the complaint is dropped until I initiate it again. This has happened repeatedly for 5 years. I have continually kept the complaint alive at great cost to my time and energy. Again these facts can be verified from Samsung’s recorded conversations.
• Anyway, as I could not manage without refrigeration at my residence, I asked for another Samsung fridge of the same model from Pai Electronics, Udupi. When the fridge was supplied, I told Pai Electronics that I consider the new fridge a replacement and to sort out the paperwork of the invoice etc. directly with Samsung. Pai refused to accept and I was forced to pay the FULL value of the fridge for the SECOND time.
• The second fridge stopped working shortly thereafter and within the guarantee period. Again, Samsung’s service representative said he could not repair it and Samsung offered a free replacement for the SECOND FRIDGE. The fridge is STILL with your service representative AWAITING REPLACEMENT.
I would like to draw the following inferences:
• Clearly this model of refrigerator has some basic inherent defects as TWO NEW refrigerators could not function and constantly needed repairs even during the guarantee period.
• Samsung was aware of these defects and has deliberately tried to clear it’s stocks of this particular model to unknowing consumers such as me.
• Once the stocks have been cleared, Samsung has stopped production of this model, as you have admitted in your e mail.
• Samsung has deliberately dragged on each issue by insisting on superfluous documents, not responding to calls, not calling back and so on.
• This issue has been dragged on and prolonged by Samsung although I have made efforts with the utmost patience to resolve it. This is amply demonstrated by the time and energy exerted by me. (About a 100 calls and at least 500 hours of my time)
• I have repeatedly asked for voice clips of the conversation to be sent to me, but Samsung steadfastly refuses to do so. Further, they do not provide, postal addresses, telephone numbers or any other means of approach.
• After deliberately dragging on the issue for 5 years, you have communicated to me that the fridge has been phased out and there is no means of replacement. I believe it was Samsung’s intent to drag on the issue make excuses until the fridge was phased out of it’s stocks and then inform me that there was no suitable replacement.
• I have been cheated by Samsung by being made to pay about Rs. 1.4 lacs for 2 fridges that Samsung knew were inherently defective.
I once again request you to provide me with a postal address, voice clips of all recorded conversations, and all other material requested above so that I may persue this pending complaint.

Best regards,

Gerard Saldanha

------------- MAIL TO SAMSUNG ---------------------

Hi (To whomesover it may concern)

DAMAGED SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 EDGE - Inappropriate Customer Service

This is to Inform you that myself Kaushik venkatachalam is a proud owner of your new flagship phone "SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 edge" which you claim to be the fastest beast in the entire mobile phones available in this galaxy. I had purchased this phone on 1st May 2016, from Reliance Digital, First 7 Days was an amazing experience but with a slight heating issues which is understood with the climate over here in India (Summer time), After the 7th day the things was getting worse with the heating issues, we again believed it and blamed the climate- which was a greatest mistake. It was the same till the 17th day of purchase. On the 20th day, I noticed something which was not tolerable, I found a purple patch in the screen.

I felt betrayed by the biggest manufacturer of the phone. I still did not loose hope, I believed that the service center would assist me. I went to the service center which is located at VASHI. I spoke to the concerned person, who said that the phone's display is damaged and it will be replaced. I was shocked beyond my dreams and was thinking, how and why i believed the AD commercials and the hardware was true. I then asked if I could get a new replacement for the handset, The response of the service center was NO but we would be repairing it and delivering it. After a while the phone was up and working for 15 days and again.. the magic started. It is June when rain usually starts in INDIA, As it was the beginning of the rain shower, It was drizzling. The phone was kept in my pocket, Due to a long wait under the drizzle, the jeans I was wearing was wet making phone wet, I then tried to check the time in the phone, the phone never turned on after that. I was then forced to go to the service center. They again said that this is my fault, and then the next I heard was shocking "whatever is shown on the AD commercials are fake and its my fault to believe it to be true". Anyways kindly compensate for the loss of time and patience for trusting your brand excellence.

As a proud owner of SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 edge what would I be eligible for an unhappy customer service. Please free to call me or reply me at kaushik_venkatachalam@yahoo.com

MODEL : SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 edge
IMEI Number: 357327/07/068765/8
PRODUCT CODE: SM-G935FZKUINS
DATE OF PURCHASE: 1st May 2016

Regards,
Kaushik.Venkatachalam
+91.7506173366
Gurudev Heights, Flat no 1305, Sec 21,
plot no 233,Kamothe, Navi Mumbai,
Maharashtra, India-410209

---------------------END OF EMAIL---------------------------------------------------

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors