Employer Not providing Life Insurance details post death of father

HI Everyone, I am in desperate need for advice. My father was working in a leading Airlines in India when he met his unfortunate demise while on the payroll of the company in 2011. Till last month we never got any intimation from the employer regarding any Group Life Insurance that had him covered. Last month, by chance, I stumbled upon his appointment letter which mentions his coverage under the Group Life Insurance provided by the employer. I got in touch with the HR department immediately. At first they told me that I had to make the claim within 30 days of his death. When I countered that we never received any such Insurance information from the employer, they started making excuses like the Insurance provider is no longer associated with the employer, we do not have such old records (just 2.5 years old!!). Today they called and said they will pay 3 lakhs from the Company account to settle the Life Insurance claim as they do not have the Insurance Company details.

Can somebody please advice my options here? My father's annual salary was 18 lakhs per year, and I feel 3 lakhs insurance coverage is not realistic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors