Debit card fraud of 64k in 2 minutes with multiple transactions

Today morning from 5:08 AM to 5:10 AM 6 transactions were made from my debit card for which the amount totals to approx 64,000. I did not do any of these transactions. I got SMS for all these transactions and even checked online that these transactions were made.
I immediately called ICICI bank customer care and got my complaint registered and got the card blocked. Customer care executive told me to register FIR with police and I will get the registered complaint number in an hour but I did not get any intimation on the same.I went to Powai police station and I was told by the inspector that there is no need for the FIR and I need to fill the dispute letter with the bank. I will go the powai branch and get the dispute letter filled as well at 9am.
Following are the transaction details
1) Rs 3638.27 to MPS*FARMACIA LO
2) Rs 7909.96 to MPS*FARMACIA CE
3) Rs 72417.87 to MPS*SUPERCOR EX
4)Rs 4588.38 to MPS*FINANPHARMA
5)Rs 457.21 to MIN*SAMMANAHOTE
6)Rs 35817.28 to TIENDA VIPS
Looks like all these are European(Spain & Argentinan) establishments.

There are few things that baffles me.
1) When I normally do any transaction with my debit card(which I do for my bill payment) I normally get a OTP on my registered number but in this case I did not get any OTP. I received SMSes for the transactions but there was no SMS for OTP.I checked in my profile and registered number is still my number.

Appreciate help in getting this resolved

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Because those are made through the swapping machine.
You should IMMEDIATELY fill the dispute form with Bank and Bank can forward it to European Union about this fraud. If your money is refunded by the Merchant then you will get the money bank.

Just send me your phone number.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors