Credit card declined for 2 times with out proper reason

I have applied for credit card 2 times till now with a gap of 7 months between each time. First time it got declined and I was not able to get any proper response from customer care or ICICI bank executives. Though I was not concerned about not getting card, I was concerned about the reason for decline. All my attempt with the bank went in vain. Recently I got repeated calls from ICICI asking me to apply for credit card, but even after my continuous refusal they convinced me that it will be sanctioned for sure as my salary and CIBIL scores are in good shape to get a card. Though I was skeptical, I thought of giving it a try and gave all necessary documents (Application number: 2014021916228). Verification in home, office etc. all happened as usual. Since it took some time, I followed up with customer care on my application & they said it is DECLINED. Customer Care was not sure of the reason. Went directly to bank and enquired for which they gave an answer as “Card declined at the final approval” with a declined code HD. No one in the bank knows what HD means & I’m not able to get any info on what HD stands for. Can someone clarify on what could be the reason for this? I don’t have any other loan or credit card on my name.

ICICI bank has outsourced their credit card sales to N number of agencies and these agencies try to catch people just to reach their target without knowing the process for the same. This is really frustrating.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
You should talk to their customer care why it was declined. Try to get your CIBIL score from here: https://www.cibil.com/online/credit-score-check.do

I suggest you get credit card from ICICI Bank using a fixed deposit. After getting it, try applying to other companies and then decide which one to keep.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Your risk level must have been assessed high by the bank. They don't want to lose a customer, credit card is very lucrative business.

Try applying with other banks. Or get one with FD.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors