Chief of Cornea and Refractive Services Behaved Badly at Aravind Coimbatore

My Mother is undergoing treatment @Aravind Hospitals in Coimbatore. She was brought to Aravind after not so successful treatment at Vasan. She has had to undergo over 6 surgeries at Vasan and when we thought her eye condition was not improving we fought and brought her for a second opinion at Aravind Hospitals in Coimbatore. She is being treated there by Dr Saravanan who a doctor and professor at the Retina-vitreous services department and Dr R Revathy who is the chief and professor of the Cornea and Refractive Services Department at Aravind hospitals. At Aravind hospitals many times medicines are not administered on time and we've had to personally follow up or administer the medicines ourselves. Given this and past bad treatment given to her eye at Vasan we were apprehensive and anxious about her eye and health. She is a diabetic and hence greater worry. The doctors have currently diagnosed her with having a fungal injection and they she needs daily drug injections. Further treatment might involve a cornea transplant and a vitrectomy. When we came to Aravind the case was considered serious and is still very serious requiring injections into her eye everyday. Given all this we tried to find out if we were getting the best care and whether if we took her to another place it might be better . This we did by asking a friend's friend about it who is a doctor there. This infuriated Dr Revathy at our innocent attempt to find out if she was getting best possible care. Today morning she said we must take the patient else where as we had made enquiries. Patient was begging and had literally touched her feet and my brother also apologised and tried to explain that all the enquiry was about was to find out if she was getting best possible care. Big mob had gathered and people were gathered and Dr Revathy kept showing her power and kept saying take the patient away and after lot of begging and pleading is now treating the patient. We are appalled at the attitude shown by the doctor and are worried if my mother will get best possible care of whether the doctor would now neglect my mother's case. I am shocked as to how a good doctor can even act in a manner that is not in the patient's best interests. Her case no is MR1803281 at Aravind Hospitals.

Pramod P Nair
Kondapur
Hyderabad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors