Carelessnes, Unprofessional approach of Dr..Narender Katakam (M.D) - warangal (A.P))

Doctors should be medical proffesionals or medical business professionals

• Yes for Medical proffesionals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No for medical business professionals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Today I.e. 15 March, 2014 at 7pm, I accompanied my 45 years old Mother (diabetic and typhoid patient) to Dr..Narender Katakam (M.D), who is running Katakam's clinic in warangal near gopalaswamy temple in Telangana (prior A.P. )district in india.I am very disappointed because doctor failed to show professionalism in his service.Paid Appointment fees of Rs.150/- to the person handling medical shop(he is not eligible to call him as pharmacist ) in the same hospital. We entered into the doctor's cabin and showed the recent reports of other doctors to him. Based on the previous reports he asked to continue few tablets and prescribed another 4 tablets for 10 days and asked to come after 1week. We carried around Rs.300/- to hospital after paying appointment fees of Rs150/- only Rs.150/- left withus.
We asked the medical shop person(Navya Pharmacy- shop keeper) to calculate the tablets for 10 days except one common tablet. The total amount was Rs.433/-. Since the money left with us was only Rs.150 we asked him to provide for 3 days and will take remaining later. He (Medical shop keeper) asked us to buy for minimum 5 days in a harsh way. We told him anyway we have to buy the tablets as prescribed by doctor for 10 days since we are falling short of money,asked him to provide for 3days. He hesitated.
I went to doctor and told the situation, and shocked to his response. He said minimum you have to buy for 5 days otherwise himself(doctor) will be in loss and the tablets are available only in the my shop and you will not get anywhere. Immediately I told him we never faced any problem in other hospitals we have seen, no doctor or pharmacist spoken to us like this. I urged doctor that we will take the remaining tablets on 3rd day, doctor said you can take tomorrow or day-after-tomorrow or 4th day there is no emergency and asked us to take for 5 days.I asked him to prescribe other tablets which will be available in other medical shop's, he hesitated and said its your problem.He should be professional to understand the situation and follow the medical ethics.We know the reality of Medical shop's and their owner's with or without proper degree they run the shops.
But what about the M.D's?.Patients comes from different rural and urban locations to private hospitals in a feeling of safe and healthy service. If this is the situation then no need for pleasing doctors in private hospitals.Am not complaining on him, instead I want Mr.Narender Katakam to be realize and be medical professional not the illiterate shopkeeper.Mr.Narender Katakam I hope this message will reach you soon.

Thanks

better to chose another doctor or visit government hospital at your area and make a complaint against doctor at State MCI branch regarding brand encouragement

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors