BSNL Prepaid Cheating with VAS

BSNL Prepaid rating

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello,

I got a message to my number (94810-63188) saying - I can use "easy vault phone back-up service" free for one month. I just ignored and never used the service. After one month I shocked to see another message stating my "easy vault phone back-up service" has been renewed and Rs. 30 has been charged. I was also offered to stop the service by sending an SMS "STOP" to 155223. To my shock again, when I sent the STOP message Rs. 5 got deducted and the reply i got was "Server is too busy!". I did not try it again and eventually I forgot it. Today I got another SMS stating Rs. 30 has again been deducted towards the "easy vault phone back-up service" renewal and I can discontinue the service by sending STOP to 155223. Again Rs. 5 got deducted when I sent 'STOP'. In total I lost Rs. 70 for nothing.

This is a serious violation of TRAI guidelines. How can BSNL subscribe to a VAS without my consent? How can I be charged for even for cancelling some subscription?

I request BSNL authorities to payback Rs. 70 which has been deducted illegally so far and to IMMEDIATELY stop all VAS and must STOP sending such non-sense SMSes.
I am also concerned about those people who use the mobile just for talking anf don't realise these type of illegal deductions.

Regards,
Sudheer

Hello,

I got a message to my number (94949-40008) saying - "Your pack Dr.Health 10 is about to renew on 20.05.2014 and you will be charged RS.10.00 which is valid for 10 days.To unsubscribe send UNSUB to 155223. I just ignored because i never used the service then why i have to send unsubscribe SMS.But on 20.05.2014 I shocked to see the message stating "Your pack Dr.Health 10 is renewed with RS.10.00 successfully and is valid for 10 days. To unsubscribe send UNSUB to 155223".So i have visited BSNL HEAD office Tiruppur on 27.05.2014 , 10.47Am and asked regarding this issues,they replied "VAS services are out sourced by private companies and only i can file a service request to unsubscribe, but your amount will not be refunded".To my shock again,Today(30.05.2014) I got another SMS stating Your pack Dr.Health 10 is renewed with RS.10.00 successfully and is valid for 10 days. To unsubscribe send UNSUB to 155223.After unsubcribed the VAS on 27.05.2014 they have charged me.From this a clear thing is understood "They are charging people for vas who not subscribed it initially and also who unsubscribed it afterwards".I have lost RS.20.00.

In India lot of people using cellphones and many of them are illiterates and even the literates are not reading keenly the sms sent by the service providers,they just deletes the sms came from "BT-XXXXTN.So these companies use this as their advantage and sucking the blood.

This is a serious violation of TRAI guidelines. How can BSNL subscribe to a VAS without my consent? How can I be charged for even for cancelling some subscription?

I request BSNL authorities to payback Rs.20.00 which has been deducted illegally so far and to IMMEDIATELY stop all VAS and must STOP sending such non-sense SMS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors