Airtel DTH please listen to the customers

I have been using Airtel DTH since last 5 years with Mega 12 Long duration pack @ 370 per month.
Since I am not happy with the services, I wanted to downgrade my package to South super value @ 2035 for twelve months. But when I attempted to do so online, it said the minimum package I can opt for is Value prime @ 2530 per 12 months. As I had a balance of 2610 as on date and there is no other go, I opted for Value prime @ 2530 as suggested. To my astonishment, after submitting my request online, it said, you request is being processed and will be resolved shortly and in contrary to it I receive a message saying to Invalid request input, to upgrade send ....this this this to this number etc. I tried several times but the same message on my mobile phone.

Hence I called the customer care where I had to key in a lot of options and finally after putting me online for 13 minutes someone named Mr Anil answered and said since the address is in Maharashtra it cannot be changed, where as My address in their database is Hyderabad which I got it changed in 2011 and the same I can see in my account and my profile. He however could not resolve the issue and lodged a complaint for the same.

As it was not solved I once again called the customer care after 12 hours and one Mr Abdullah answered from their Chennai based CC office and he now says as I have HD set top box minimum 2 HD channels are to be there in the package. I don't know if Airtel gives option for single or two HD channels? All I know is they charge 175 for some 17 HD channels and 55 for 4 channels. After giving so many excuses he could not resolve the problem and asked me to call after some time or alternatively their representative will call me after 20 minutes. But no call was received even after one hour. I again called the CC now another lady Ms Usha was on phone she too came with some excuses not saying that the package cannot be downgraded but suggested to upgrade the package. Notwithstanding all this suggestions I asked her to transfer the call to someone who can answer my request. One Mr Venkatesh came online after some 20 minutes and he too was in a mood to confront with me. this cant be done like this, like that etc.

My questions now are,

1. They show on their recharge information channel 121 - my airtel my offer - choose from wide range of offers and customised offers, then why they bring all those conditions? Are these conditions approved by the TRAI?
2. Is there any state wise tariff or is it same for all? I see on their portal rest of India and south packs. Then from where these state wise packages and offers have come?
3. Are these Customer care executives well versed with the services, offers and tariff of the packages? Are they really trained for soft skills? Because they sometimes irritate the customers.
4. Why we should go through the interactive voice response system, need to key in so many options etc when the customer care executive again asks and confirms the Customer ID, Phone number etc.
5. Why they put on hold for hours together? It takes 10 to 20 minutes to reach a customer care executive and after confirming the details etc. They again put on hold for few minutes and finally they transfer the call to one up line. Instead of this hassle communication, can’t they post all the rules, regulations, conditions, etc on their portal? or at-least they should employee well trained and thorough informed customer care official. We really don’t want to waste our time and money in calling these Customer care centrers

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors