Additional Deduction of Rs. 750

On March 14, 2014, I went to the Vodafone outlet in Sector 5 (Kolkata) to pay the monthly bill of my postpaid connection. I paid them through my SBI debit cum VISA card. But due to some technical fault, the cashier had to punch the card twice on the machine. Within 5 minutes, I received 2 SMS in my mobile, where I found that apart from the scheduled bill of Rs. 730, an additional amount of Rs. 750 has also been deducted from my account. Immediately, I told the cashier about this incident, but he said that it happened due to some kind of link failure and this amount will be automatically refunded. But even after waiting for 3-4 days, I didn't receive the amount and then went to the outlet again to report about the same. But the Vodafone guys kept telling me repeatedly that the amount will be refunded by the bank. But when I went to the bank and updated my pass book, it was clearly showing that Rs. 750 has been deducted by Vodafone. I even had a talk with the branch manager of SBI (Purba Putiary branch) and he told me clearly that until and unless Vodafone is refunding the amount they can't do anything. First I lodged a complaint via Vodafone's customer care and latter even complained the Nodal Officer about this issue. But all of them kept saying me repeatedly that Vodafone hasn't deducted that amount and I should contact my bank. I even submitted the scan copy of my pass book, where it's clearly showing that the amount has been deducted by Vodafone, but till now didn't get any satisfactory response from their end. It's been more than 1 month, but I'm yet to get my money back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors