A very unprofessional and non customer friendly website and service !!

Hi,

I am normally a very cautious shopper , but was just carried away as it was rediff - long standing and all that - and am now paying the price !! On the 21st of last month, I impulsively ordered 2 nos of Sony power pack. I remember the product delivery timelines as two days and after ordering the timeline was 3-6 days. But it is more than 15 days now without any luck !!

And what is worse is their customer service helpline. There is no phone number, no direct email ID - absolutely nothing. All you get to do is fill in a form and you get a ridiculous response !! After umpteen messages on the same, I found a number on this forum to call and I end up with the most unfriendly rude executive. Who says, "we are sorry for the delay and we can absolutely do nothing !! "

After enough fighting I am given an AWB number and when I call "Delhivery" the product is not handed over at all !! When I call rediff number again, this time the executive is rude enough to ask me if I want the order to be cancelled ( after this long !! ) hangs up on me !!! And cancel when ?? They say they cannot cancel the order as it is despatched ( eh ???? ) and I can reject when I receive. PPl at rediff - this is my question - when will I receive this ??

In an email , I was provided with an address of some Delhi store - If I want to check!! Guys, I am in Bangalore and had ordered online ! What am I to do with a Delhi address !!!

these guys are totally pathetic. Forget customer service, they don't seem to know the basics of ecommerce - none of them have an idea on the status of the order !! And why should I pay for their inefficiencies !!! I am sooo lost here ! I don't have the product, not sure if I will ever get it, cannot cancel it and money is gone !!

All the people on this forum .. please stay away from rediff shopping, for your good. And if some one from rediff is good enough to care , my order number is : 12311213.

Frustrated rediff online customer

2 more days and still no response from Rediff. When we call again, I believe they are 'investigating' the matter and they need 2 more days !!!

I will keep updating here. But please spread the word to stay away from rediff online.

Hi,

I still have not seen any progress on this matter. This is taking too much of my time and stress. Can someone please tell me , any possible way to reach someone way rediff ??

Any help will be greatly appreciated !

I have only been writing and rediff doesn't seem to care . I think I need to take it on to the next level and tweet and facebook !!

Anyways , as an update - after relentless follow up they cancelled my order after 21 days !! and I believe I have to wait for another 20 days for the cheque !! What about the interest on this amount and the compensation for the harassment that we had to go through ??

The problem in India is there is no proper consumer care or forum and all these big companies take us for a royal ride !!

Please DO NOT SHOP ON REDIFF ONLINE !!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors