20th Century technology used to fraud passenger by Indian Railway

I have booked a confirmed train ticket from LJN to BDTS, Journey date: 29-05-2015. However, due to Gujjar Agitation, the train got cancelled on the same day.

My PNR is: 2204549777
Transaction ID: 100000213541217
Train No./Name:19038 / AVADH EXPRESS
To: BANDRA TERMINUS (BDTS)
Ticket Type: E-ticket
Quota: GENERAL (GN)
Ticket Charge:Rs 2167.47
Service Charge: Rs 22.47
Total: Rs 2189.94

Since I was travelling from Lucknow to Mumbai, I was not able to access internet to cancel the ticket for the refund and while checking on Lucknow station railway staff only confirmed me it will be credit to bank account. Due to this, I have not received refund for my ticket, which should be done automatically by IRCTC. I am unable to file TDR for this, due to error stating "Cancellation is Not Allowed as ticket is beyond permissible limit of cancellation".

Now, IRCTC is not replying properly to my emails for the refund of Rs. 2190.0, which is not a small amount for a middle-class common man. Why Indian railway do the auto refund as they have all require details of passenger like bank account/name and amount details. Why there dual procedure for refund If the wait listed tickets get refunded automatically, why do the end user go through the hassles to cancel the tickets manually for the trains cancelled by Indian Railways ?

NOTE:
In a country of billion people, I am being duped of Rs 2190 not being refunded by IRCTC, imagine the number of people being duped on an average of Rs 500-1000 on daily basis with cases similar to mine.
I will have to write to multiple forums to get people in limelight about this grave issue and same has been highlight to higher authority on mail till date no revert.

So please correct the procedure and stop to earn money by making complicated procedure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors